Here’s a quick lunch/supper idea for the weekend, or any evening when cooking needs to be quick and easy!
olive oil and butter for frying – just a little of each 😉
potatoes – however many each person wants
bacon, sliced thinly
Nandos garlic sauce or mayonnaise
grated cheddar cheese
- Bake the pototoes in the microwave, split in half.
- Fry the onions in olive oil, add the bacon.
- Fry until slightly browned, then add the finely chopped mushrooms.
- Add a little butter if needed, remove from the heat.
- Scoop out and chop the flesh from each potato half, add to the bacon mixture.
- Stir through over a low heat, then add some Nandos garlic sauce, or mayo (or whatever grabs your fancy).
- Stir very well and check the seasoning.
- Arrange the potato skins in an ovenproof dish, fill each skin with the mixture, piling it high.
- Top with grated cheese and place under a hot grill until melted.
There you have it – quick and easy!