When we go camping, or traveling anywhere for that matter, I always try to bake a batch of home-made biscuits. People seem to need something to nibble on more often when on holiday, and these crisp biscuits travel well and are delicious. The recipe makes a big batch of biscuits.
Condensed Milk Biscuits
5 cups of cake flour
1 cup of cornflour (Maizena)
4 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
500 grs butter
1 cup of sugar
1 tin of condensed milk
3 Tbsps aniseed OR grated rind of 2 lemons OR glace cherries (optional)
- Cream the butter and sugar
- Add the condensed milk, and mix well
- Mix together the dry ingredients, including either the aniseed or the lemon rind
- Stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture
- If the dough seems very soft, chill for 15 to 20 minutes
- Either roll the dough out and cut with cookie cutters, or roll into little balls and squash slightly with a fork or press out with a biscuit gun
- Place the biscuits on baking trays (decorate with cherries if you wish) and bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees C, until slightly browned – be careful not to burn them
- Cool on a cake rack
- Pack into plastic jars suitable for traveling when cold.
These are really good with a cup coffee brewed on a camp-fire, perhaps sitting under a giant wild-fig tree, or watching dolphins and whales play in the sea in front of your camp site!
Did you pipe them?
These were made with a cookie press. You can also roll them into small balls and press them flat with a fork or other instrument – sometimes I use a glass with a pattern on the bottom.
I made these today, with the aniseed, and I love them! Greetings from The Netherlands
>Awesome stuff. Love condensed milk cookies. Thank you so much. Have copied and pasted and will definitely be making these soon. Hugs xx
>These recipe's are always great – but why is that you do not have a "print" version. Does not make sense to have them here for all to read and that is all you are able to do with it ……….. Please make this "print" friendly
>sorry my friend, as good as these look I won't be able to test drive them xxx