I’ve been on a bit of a pancake roll (no pun intended, well, not much) lately, since we have been working through a stack of Woollies frozen pancakes I bought.
We usually make our own pancakes, and NJ is particularly good at this, but we have been converted to the ease, convenience and speed of the bought ones. And they are delicious.
So, I’ve been making them with sweet fillings, like Pecan Banana Pancakes, or with savoury fillings, like creamy chicken. This is a good and easy supper dish, or you could do what I did, and cook it over a fire for lunch in the garden!
Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pancakes
4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into thin strips
1 onion, chopped finely
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 punnet of sliced mushrooms
1/2 glass white wine
1/2 cup of cream
salt and pepper to taste
Pancakes to serve
- Heat the oil and fry the onion until starting to brown, add the garlic
- Add the the chicken strips and fry until browned
- Now chuck in the mushrooms and seasoning and fry until the mushrooms have softened
- Pour in the white wine, and allow to simmer to reduce a bit
- Add the cream, and cook until the sauce has thickened
- Check the seasonings, and serve
The chicken should be tender and juicy, the sauce thick and creamy – all just delicious rolled up into a pancake!!