My sister (the one who lives in Canada) sent me an email with a very interesting recipe for a banana bread. This recipe is so easy, people, it should be a party trick!!
All you need is a fork, a bowl and a few ingredients:
“Going Bananas” Bread
3 or 4 bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 1/2 cups flour
- Set the oven to 180°C, and grease a small loaf tin.
- Mash the bananas in the bowl with the fork;
- add the melted butter, mix in;
- add the sugar, mix;
- add the egg, beat into the mix well;
- add the vanilla essence, mix;
- sprinkle the bicarb over the mix, whisk in well;
- add the flour, and mix in;
- pour into the loaf tin, and bake until done – it took over an hour to bake.
It literally is that easy – you only need one fork and one bowl, so the washing up was negligible too!
It’s a lovely moist little banana loaf, went down a treat with butter and a cup of coffee! It’s now the only banana bread we bake.
Pingback: Easy Banana Bread « The Complete Cook Book
And my slice? This looks like I should be enjoying it right now with tea 🙂
Cyber-sending it right now, oh wait – I’ll come with, get started with that tea 🙂
What a great looking banana loaf. Quick, easy recipes are definitely my thing – I am really looking forward to trying this!
Thanks! Quick easy recipes are my thing too – I’ll be posting lots more 🙂 hope you enjoy the banana loaf!
Hi Linda, just made your banana bread and it is lovely! I will do a post about it on 27 April. xo
Hi Mandy – YAY! I’m so delighted you’ve enjoyed making it. I’m looking forward to your post! Thanks!!