My sister (the one who lives in Canada) sent me an email with a very interesting recipe for a banana bread. This recipe is so easy, people, it should be a party trick!!
All you need is a fork, a bowl and a few ingredients:
“Going Bananas” Bread
3 or 4 bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 1/2 cups flour
- Set the oven to 180°C, and grease a small loaf tin.
- Mash the bananas in the bowl with the fork;
- add the melted butter, mix in;
- add the sugar, mix;
- add the egg, beat into the mix well;
- add the vanilla essence, mix;
- sprinkle the bicarb over the mix, whisk in well;
- add the flour, and mix in;
- pour into the loaf tin, and bake until done – it took over an hour to bake.
It literally is that easy – you only need one fork and one bowl, so the washing up was negligible too!
It’s a lovely moist little banana loaf, went down a treat with butter and a cup of coffee! It’s now the only banana bread we bake.