Recently I’ve discovered the delights of baking eggs. This is such an easy and sort-of glamorous way of cooking eggs, and cleaning up afterwards is a breeze, too.
What could be easier than putting a few tasty morsels in a little dish, breaking in an egg, putting on few more tasty goodies, then baking it for a few minutes? And they look impressive (compared to a scrambled egg)!
This version takes a little longer as the bacon bakes first, but it would even make a good lunch or light supper, served with a salad and some fresh crunchy bread.
Baked Bacon and Egg Pots
To make one serving:
2 slices of back or shoulder bacon
fresh or dried parsley
freshly ground salt & pepper
1 Tbsp cream
grated parmesan cheese
- Heat your oven to 200*C
- Grease the ramekins and line with the bacon, tucking it into a cup shape around the edges
- Bake in the oven until cooked
- Remove from the oven and break an egg into the bacon ‘cup’
- Sprinkle with some parsley, grind over the seasonings and spoon the cream gently over the egg
- Sprinkle the cheese over the cream
- Bake in the oven for a few more minutes, until the yolks are cooked to your liking (I like a soft yolk, my family likes the yolk hard enough to bounce)
- Remove from the oven and scoop each cup out of the ramekin onto a serving dish
Do tell me what your favourite ‘fillings’ are for baked eggs? 🙂