I have been on ‘diet’ for a few weeks now, (okay, I’m ‘changing my lifestyle’), by not eating any sugar or refined carbs. My new regimen is working as I have actually lost a few kgs, which helps one to stay motivated, but as I am a food-blogger, I have found I’m missing the creativity.
So I’ve started playing around with ways to jazz up the vast quantities of vegetables I’m eating. Last night I made grilled pork sausages, finely shredded cabbage, stir-fried with cumin seeds and a little curry powder, salt and pepper, and these grilled zucchinis:
These were delicious, I will definitely make them again. I found the idea for them whilst trawling the net for ideas, but sorry – can’t remember where! Here’s what I did:
1 or 2 zucchinis per person
freshly ground salt and pepper
- Wash each zucchini, trim off the end but leave the stems intact
- Slice each zucchini lengthwise, from the stem to the end, about 3 times
- Place them on a grilling-tray, and gently pry the slices slightly open
- Brush them generously with olive oil, and season
- Place them under a hot grill for 5 minutes, or until they have softened enough to ease the slices open a little more
- Brush them with some more olive oil, season again if you think they need it
- Grill until they are nice and tender, and browned
- Sprinkle over some grated parmesan cheese, and return to the grill for a another minute or two.
Right, now to get back to importing my past posts from my other blog 🙂
it is looking great!
It’s still a work in progress, Tandy, but thanks to you, it’s coming along nicely! Thank you!!
I think it looks great, Zabs!! Congratulations!!
Thank you, Pink! I appreciate your feedback 🙂
We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.
We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.
Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.
To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on “Add your site”
Hello Vincent, thank you for your comment. I really liked the PetitChef web site and would be happy to add my blog! Merci beaucoup!
Congrats on the new blog. It looks fantastic. xxx
Thank you, Sylvia! Good to see you here 🙂 xxxx
Congratulations on your new blog. Nice! I too have ventured into setting up a new blog, but cannot just port my entries across as the old one was in Afrikaans. I will rewrite it as I go along. All the best!
Hello! It’s quite a mission, isn’t it? I’m still working on this one 🙂
Ello townie! 🙂
Ello yourself! thanks for visiting, Supa-Sous 🙂